Future Learning Solutions has a passionate team of facilitators, tutors and support staff who live and breathe our vision to raise the achievement of learners and strengthen the capability of educators. Our team are located throughout New Zealand, from Whangarei to Queenstown.
If you are interested in joining the Future Learning Solutions whānau please bookmark this page to keep abreast of any current vacancies.
Reading Recovery Tutor
Opportunities exist for qualified Reading Recovery Tutors based in Wellington and Auckland (permanent positions).
Join a Tutor team which is passionate about what they do and dedicated to making a difference to children's early literacy achievement.
As a Reading Recovery Tutor, you will be responsible for:
Initial training of Reading Recovery teachers including:
- Developing teachers' knowledge of early literacy assessment theory and practice.
- Designing and delivering individual lesson series for children having most difficulty with literacy learning.
- Building theoretical understanding and practical techniques for supporting children's literacy processing.
Supporting the ongoing professional development of previously trained teachers including:
- Providing ongoing professional learning group sessions for trained Reading Recovery teachers
- Supporting Reading Recovery schools to integrate Reading Recovery into each school's wider literacy plan
- Designing, monitoring and evaluating early literacy support for small groups of students
- You will work closely with teachers who will benefit from your skills and experience. Your expertise will contribute to the support and promotion of Reading Recovery and Early Literacy Support at a regional level.
To be considered for this role you will be trained and accredited as a Reading Recovery Tutor, have a current Teacher's Registration, and hold a current driver's licence.
For further information please contact Programme Manager, Martin Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply via UniServices careers' website with a covering letter and CV.
Applications close Tuesday, 24 November. Please note interviews may be held prior to the applications close date, so apply as soon as possible.